About this site…
The Josephine Avenue Group (JAG) is a community group founded in the 1970’s whose main aims are to support local residents and keep the place looking good. We hold regular public meetings where all residents are welcome. This is a good way of finding out what’s going on in the street, meeting neighbours and discussing matters of mutual interest.
Membership of this site is open to residents living in the prescribed Josephine Avenue area (see constitution). To register click here. Once logged in members can ‘comment’ on existing topics or create their own by clicking New/Post at the top of their browser window. By default these will be entered into the public ‘General Discussion’ unless stipulated otherwise. Please keep posts to a factual or informative nature. Personal comments or insinuations against other Josephine Avenue Group members will not be tolerated (if you object to anything written on this site please let us know).
You can also subscribe to our weekly Mailchimp Newsletter by entering your email address in the left hand column of this web page. You can also follow us on social network sites…
- Urban Art 2016 - It was another colourful weekend of creativity with Urban Art 2016 on the 9th and 10th July. The organisers would like to thank all residents for use of their railings. This raised over £1,100 for each of the four local charity partners: Jubilee School, Holy Trinity School, the Anchor Group and Southside Rebabilitation project. Next […]
- Street Party 2016 - Finally got around to posting pictures from our Josephine Avenue Street Party 2016. Thanks to the organisers (again to few) and for everyone who came and helped on the day. Thanks also to our fantastic DJs, stall holders, Dr Bike and everyone who came. With your help we can do it all again next year.
- Join in the Jumble Trail - Tulse Hill Forum have set up a local Jumble Trail for residents to join on Sunday 21st August. A Jumble Trail is like a car boot sale but on your street, communities co-ordinate to set up stalls outside their houses to sell bric-a-brac, toys, vintage clothes, cakes or whatever. The whole thing is coordinated online at […]
- Getting into Party Mood - Plans are going well for the Avenue’s 3rd Annual Street Party happening June 5th, 2pm to 8pm. As usual we’ll be closing the street between the two ends of Appach Road and having our big picnic tables down the middle, bunting, bouncy castle and DJ. Your help would be much appreciated. Let’s make some noise We are in […]
- Josephine Avenue re-paving 4th April - After years of campaigning by JAG and a ‘Freedom of Information’ request, residents have finally been informed that the footpaths of Josephine Avenue (and we assume the remaining parts of Helix Gardens) are to be re-paved. Work will last thirteen weeks starting on Monday 4th April and finishing Friday 1st July, one week before the Urban […]