About this site…
The Josephine Avenue Group (JAG) is a community group founded in the 1970’s whose main aims are to support local residents and keep the place looking good. We hold regular public meetings where all residents are welcome. This is a good way of finding out what’s going on in the street, meeting neighbours and discussing matters of mutual interest.
Membership of this site is open to residents living in the prescribed Josephine Avenue area (see constitution). To register click here. Once logged in members can ‘comment’ on existing topics or create their own by clicking New/Post at the top of their browser window. By default these will be entered into the public ‘General Discussion’ unless stipulated otherwise. Please keep posts to a factual or informative nature. Personal comments or insinuations against other Josephine Avenue Group members will not be tolerated (if you object to anything written on this site please let us know).
You can also subscribe to our weekly Mailchimp Newsletter by entering your email address in the left hand column of this web page. You can also follow us on social network sites…
- Getting into Party Mood - Plans are going well for the Avenue’s 3rd Annual Street Party happening June 5th, 2pm to 8pm. As usual we’ll be closing the street between the two ends of Appach Road and having our big picnic tables down the middle, bunting, bouncy castle and DJ. Your help would be much appreciated. Let’s make some noise We are in […]
- Josephine Avenue re-paving 4th April - After years of campaigning by JAG and a ‘Freedom of Information’ request, residents have finally been informed that the footpaths of Josephine Avenue (and we assume the remaining parts of Helix Gardens) are to be re-paved. Work will last thirteen weeks starting on Monday 4th April and finishing Friday 1st July, one week before the Urban […]
- Parking Letter - Back in 2014 JAG residents had a go at trying to get the hours of our parking zone reviewed, as promised in the original consultation. We teamed up with neighbouring roads, and created a petition asking that this promise was met. We were eventually told by Lambeth that a borough-wide review would be held instead […]
- Meeting Tuesday 22nd March - Our next Josephine Avenue Group meeting will be held: Tuesday 22nd March 7:30pm at 1 Helix Gardens All residents of Josephine Avenue, Helix Gardens, Appach Road and odd numbers 67-85 Brixton Hill are welcome. If you have any topics you would like discussed please let us know. Working together we can get things done.
- Diary Dates 2016 - Apologies for our period of silence, lots on and not enough time. Remember, contributions from residents are always welcome. Just login and type. Here are some dates for your 2016 Diary, please make a note… Tuesday 22nd March – JAG General Meeting, 7:30pm (venue to be confirmed). Sunday 22nd May – JAG Garden Party / […]